Athena is a premium WordPress theme from WooThemes. It is a clean, clear & flexible business theme which is idle to create business, portfolio, blogging, eCommerce and product showcase website pretty easy. This theme is powered by WooCommerce plugin and can be used to sell products & services pretty easy. It is a responsive theme which comes with features like custom homepage, responsive featured posts slider, powerful portfolio management options, custom Google fonts and typography, 6 color style options, fully responsive design and many more.
- Fully Responsive Design – The design will scale to fit on all browser widths/resolutions and on all mobile devices. Go ahead and scale your browser window and see the results.
- Featured Posts Slider – A custom homepage featured posts slider to showcase your important posts, all powered by the fully responsive FlexSlider, which makes it usable on mobile devices. You can put images or videos in the custom media fields provided for each blog post.
- Overlay Style – Athena makes use of a unique style of showcasing content, to place the main focus on your imagery. The information for a WooCommerce product or a portfolio item is shown when hovering over the image. This ensures your images are given the focus and attention they deserve.
- Custom Homepage – In addition to the featured slider, the theme has an optional Intro Message area and also a customized widetized homepage where you can add and re-order the included custom components (Intro Message, Portfolio Slider, WooCommerce Products Slider) with the “Woo – Component” widget.
- Powerful portfolio management – The portfolio section of Athena is powered by it’s own custom post type with a summary of your portfolio viewable on the homepage module and then it’s own portfolio page template to house the rest.
- Custom Typography – You can customize the typography in the theme to suit, and there is full support for Google Fonts in the font selector. By default it is using the Signika font.
- Custom Widgets – In addition to the widgetized homepage and the custom component widget, the theme has 1 widgetized sidebar and up to 4 footer widgetized areas, and as always comes with custom Woo Widgets (Ad Space, Blog Author, Video/Embed, Subscribe & Connect, Search and Flickr).
- Styling Options – The theme includes a variation of alternative styles which you can preview in the demo, and also has styling options for background color/image and setting link and button color.
- Custom Shortcodes – All our themes include custom shortcodes that allow you to easily add social links, styled buttons, content boxes, and content columns to your posts, pages and widgets.
- Backend theme options – Making simple changes without editing code, like adding your own logo, changing to an alternate color style, adding Google Analytics code, couldn’t be easier with our WordPress backend theme option’s panel.
- Cross-browser compatible – We’ve tested our themes to ensure they are compatible with all the modern web browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. They should also all be web standards compliant.
- Auto-sizing thumbnails – An image re-sizer script built into the Woo framework automatically scales your post images for pixel perfect display in our templates. No need to upload new cropped images when re-designing your website.
- White label your theme backend – With the framework settings page you can replace any sign of WooThemes in your WordPress backend with your own logo and custom styling. Perfect for designers & developers for client work.
- Localized for translations – WooThemes come packaged with a language file for easy WordPress theme translations into your desired language – editing one neat little file without hunting down text in all our theme templates.
- Custom page templates – Our themes come packaged with a full width page template without the sidebar, and site map/archives page templates for efficient quick links to all the hidden posts you wrote ages ago that still deserve to be seen.
- One click upgrades – The WooFramework receives constant tweaks and upgrades, and thanks to the in-built framework updater you can make sure you are running the latest version with the click of a button.
Isn’t it a great theme? Like this theme, then get it right now:
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.