Thesis, no doubt most popular and SEO optimized WordPress theme that offer lot of functions. You can easily customize thesis theme without any knowledge of PHP and CSS. To customize thesis you have to rename custom-sample folder to custom. Already, in earlier posts I covered how-to guide on installing thesis theme and adding Adsense revenue sharing code in thesis theme. Now in this post I offer you a how-to guide on changing custom-sample folder into custom in thesis WordPress theme.
Step1: Log-in into wp-admin panel by typing URL:
http://www.domainname.com/wp-admin (replace domainname with your domain)
Step2: Now go to Thesis (as number by 1) and then click on “Custom File Editor” (as numbered by 2).
Step3: When you click on “Custom File Editor”, it open a new window (as shown below). Now you see a message like this:
“ATTENTION: In order to edit your custom files, you’ll need to change the name of your custom-sample folder to custom.”
To remove this message you have rename “custom-sample” folder.
Step4: Now log-in into cPanel by typing URL:
http://www.domainname.com/cpanel (replace domainname by your own domain)
Step5: In cPanel go to “Files” and click on “File Manager” (as shown below).
Step6: When you click on File Manager, it open a new window, your root directory where you have to select wp-content folder (as shown below) and after selecting wp-content folder, click on “thesis_18”.
Step7: When you click on “Thesis_18” on right-hand side you see some files (as shown below). Now you have to rename “custom-sample” folder.
Step8: Now select “custom-sample” file and click on “Rename” button in navigation menu as shown below:
Step9: Now rename “custom-sample file to custom” and click on “Rename File” button as shown below:
Step10: Now go to wp-admin panel and refresh the web page (refresh the webpage as mentioned in step3), you have successfully change custom-sample folder into custom in thesis wordpress theme.
If you haven’t get your copy of thesis then get it now
You may also interested in reading out these articles:
If you face any problem do let me know in comment section. Don’t forget to like on Facebook so that you can’t miss any of updates.
- [How-To Guide] Install Thesis WordPress Theme From WordPress Dashboard
- [How-To Guide] Add Adsense Revenue Sharing Code In Thesis WordPress Theme
- [How-to Guide] Authors Profile Box At The End of The Post In Thesis Theme
- [How-To Guide] Change Primary Domain Of Hostgator Account
- [How-To Guide] Change cPanel Password In Hostgator
- [How-To Guide] Change Auto-Generated Password In WordPress
- Thesis WordPress Theme 20% Discount Coupon
- [How-To Guide] Reset WordPress Password From PHPMyAdmin
WebGuide4U Powered By The Scribe SEO Plugin
Scribe SEO Plugin empowers you to optimize your website easily and quickly. For SEO three things are more important and they are:
- 1) KeyWord - Scribe shows you the language searchers use before you begin to write. Once your content is created, Scribe reveals other profitable keywords.
- 2) Content - Scribe analyzes your natural, reader-focused content, and tells you how to gently tweak it to spoon feed search engines based on 15 SEO best practices.
- 3) Links - Scribe helps you build back links, crosslink the content within your own site, and identify influential social media users who want to share your stuff.
Above all, you’ll achieve higher search rankings (like me) and increase the targeted traffic to your site. It's that simple - start using Scribe SEO now!