Explorable is a premium WordPress theme from Elegant Themes. It is a location-based theme that pins your posts on a map. This theme allows you to create location based listings which makes it an idle theme for creating a travel blog, a travel guide, local business directory or any other location & map oriented website.
The best thing I like about this theme is that it has fully interactive map using Google Maps API which means whenever you create a listing you can easily pin a location on the map to give your post a location. In addition to this, the theme has advanced filterable search settings so users are able to filter listings by category, location and start rating to narrow down search results. It is an responsive theme which comes with features like easy to change font colors, navigation bar colors, background colors, background images and more via WordPress Theme Customizer, a solid backend options panel, large collection of shortcodes, different page template layouts, photo gallery template, localisation options and many more.
Explorable Theme Features
- Google Maps Integration – When you create a listing, you can easily drop a pin on the map and give your post a location. Each listing is assigned a physical location on the world map using the Google Maps API
- Visitor Rating System – Explorable allows visitors to rate each location on your map. This is a great feature for local business listings. Authors can also assign a rating to each location when the listing post is written
- Filterable Lists – listings are easy to explore with an advanced fitlerable search options. Your map can filtered by multiple categories and star ratings to quickly narrow down search results
- Responsive Design – comes fully responsive, meaning that the design will adapt to whatever screen size is being used to browse. The website will look great on mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers
- Unlimited Colour Schemes – easily customize your theme’s colours and background images via the WordPress Theme Customizer. You can quickly change font colours, navigation bar colours, background colours, background images and more
- Theme Options – allows you to easily control your website without ever touching a line of code. The ePanel options allow you to toggle on and off features, adjust your layout, manage advertisements, control colours, optimize for search engines and more
- Shortcodes – you can create beautiful and complex layouts without having to delve into a sea of complex code. Buttons, boxes, toggled content, tabbed content, slideshow, image slider, password protection, columns, social media, tooltips, author info, column lists, pricing tables, testimonials, drop caps, quotes.
- Page Templates – easily create galleries, contact pages, sitemaps, blog feeds and much more
- Image Portfolio Section
- Multimedia Portfolio – display video and images with ease
- Blog Section
- Secure Valid Code
- Navigation – allows you to easily add and remove links, adjust dropdown menu settings and change the order of your links
- Layout Options – allows you to adjust the structure of your site
- Ad Management – comes with various pre-defined ad locations
- SEO Control – manage your titles, keywords and description meta tags, as well as canonical URLs for your homepage, posts, pages and categories
- Integration – allows you to input code into various areas in the theme. This is useful for adding, for example, social media or analytics snippets
- Complete Localisation
- Browser Compatibility
- Perpetual Updates
All these features make Explorable a must have theme for creating location based website. So, if you are planning to create a location based website then get this theme as soon as possible.
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free Blog Setup Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.