A new version of Genesis Framework – Genesis Framework 2.0.2 released by StudioPress and you can download the latest version of Genesis Framework from here or you can update it from WordPress admin panel for free. Genesis Framework v2.0.2 comes with fixing bugs, adding new features and with new improvements and it is recommended to all users that, they must update Genesis Framework to latest version as soon as possible. Before updating Genesis Framework to latest version make sure that you backup your files & database its because if something goes wrong then you can easily backup your files & database in a single click (to backup files & database personally I use BackupBuddy).
Genesis Framework 2.0.2 was mainly a bug fix release when compared with Genesis 2.0.0 and Genesis 2.0.1. Below you find the number of changes made in the latest version of Genesis Framework.
Genesis Framework 2.0.2 – What’s New?
- Fixed incorrect Genesis and child themes updates from WordPress.org.
- Fixed radio button appearance in WordPress 3.8 admin.
- Fixed metabox textarea widths.
- Fixed hidden text box handles.
- Fixed admin style references to MP6 plugin.
- Fixed assign by reference Strict Standards warning.
- Fixed order of Contributors.
- Improved import button UI consistency.
- Improved copyright shortcode by using non-breaking space between symbol and year.
- Improved pagination setting by using numeric as default.
- Improved search field to use value instead of placeholder when query is present.
- Improved SEO Settings user interface.
- Improved `rel=author` output to only target posts.
- Improved screenshot.
- Improved menu icon.
- Added Lauren Mancke to Contributor List.
- Added Google+ Publisher URL field.
- Removed Homepage Author field.
All these changes and regular updates make Genesis Framework a must have theme framework when compared with other frameworks. So, for what you are waiting for? Update Genesis Framework to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have Genesis Framework, then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments!