Genesis Framework from StudioPress is one of the best framework I’ve with me and using it on other sites. The best thing I like about Genesis Framework it comes with 40+ child themes and free child themes and these child themes offers you to build any niche website in couple of minutes and that too without any knowledge of CSS and PHP. Already, I have shared couple of tutorials on customizing Genesis Child Theme and continuing in same series of post, in this post I’m sharing how to rename Genesis Child Theme.
There are number of reasons to rename a Genesis Child Theme but for me, I’m working on releasing my first Genesis Child Theme, so for branding purpose I’m renaming it and making lots of amount of changes so that it do not infringe any issues with original child theme from StudioPress. If you like to add any feature what it would be? Let me know via comments! After a wait, here is the step-by-step guide tutorial on renaming Genesis Child Theme.
Step2: After unzipping Genesis child theme, rename the child theme folder (In this post I’m renaming child theme from sample to Webpro)
Step3: After renaming child theme, open style.css file and add few lines as mentioned below by replacing the old code:
/* Theme Name: Webpro Theme URI: http://www.webguide4u.com/ Description: Webpro is a 2 or 3-column Widget-ready child theme created for the Genesis Framework. Author: Vivek Parmar Author URI: http://www.webguide4u.com Version: 1.8 Template: genesis Template Version: 1.7.1 License: GNU General Public License v2.0 License URI: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php */
Step4: After adding above line of code, save the file and close it.
Step5: Now to rename a file you have to edit functions.php file. All you need it to place these lines of code, instead of old ones:
/** Child theme (do not remove) */ define(‘Child_THEME_NAME’, ‘Webpro Theme’); define(‘CHILD_THEME_URL’, ‘http://www.webguide4u.com’);
Step6: After adding these lines of code, save it and upload it using FTP client or from wp-admin panel.
Isn’t it so easy to rename a Genesis Child Theme? Find it useful, then do not forget to share it with your friends also.
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited and amazing features.
- [How-To Guide] Install Genesis Child Theme From WordPress Dashboard
- [How-To Guide] Add BuySellAd Code In Genesis Theme Framework
- [How-To Guide] Rename Admin Username In WordPress Using phpMyAdmin
- [How-To Guide] Add Hellobar In Genesis Theme Framework
- [How-To Guide] Change and Edit Footer In Genesis WordPress Theme
- Elle Business Style Genesis Child Theme From StudioPress
- [How-To Guide] Show Ads After Post In Genesis Theme Framework
- [How-To Guide] Move Navigation Menu Above Header In Genesis Theme Framework
WebGuide4U Powered By The Scribe SEO Plugin
Scribe SEO Plugin empowers you to optimize your website easily and quickly. For SEO three things are more important and they are:
- 1) KeyWord - Scribe shows you the language searchers use before you begin to write. Once your content is created, Scribe reveals other profitable keywords.
- 2) Content - Scribe analyzes your natural, reader-focused content, and tells you how to gently tweak it to spoon feed search engines based on 15 SEO best practices.
- 3) Links - Scribe helps you build back links, crosslink the content within your own site, and identify influential social media users who want to share your stuff.
Above all, you’ll achieve higher search rankings (like me) and increase the targeted traffic to your site. It's that simple - start using Scribe SEO now!