With the release of WordPress 3.3, SlideDeck released new version of this awesome WordPress Plugin – SlideDeck 1.4.5. This new version fixes some bug and fixes, so it is recommended that upgrade SlideDeck to latest version as soon as possible.
This new version supports WordPress 3.3 and implementation of this plugin requires a lot of code re-writing to make things work & added benefit of allowing to implement great improvements:
- Improved data storage for better HTML support in visual and HTML editors
- Improved technical implementation of slide editors for better cross-browser compatibility and quicktag support (in WordPress 3.3+ only)
- Greatly improved preview window for much more accurate previews
Better Configuration Options
More configuration options have been added to the manual and dynamic SlideDeck editing views for greater control over how users interact with your SlideDeck. We have consolidated many of the configuration options for dynamic SlideDeck to be in one place and given you the ability to control touch screen swipe support.
Bug Fixes Galore
we’ve implemented a bunch of fixes for better Internet Explorer support, better skin handling in the editing interface and fixed some bugs when looping slide playback.
Here’s the detailed change set for this release:
- Added support for WordPress 3.3
- Re-factored much of the TinyMCE implementation to accommodate better for cross-browser and WordPress version support
- Improved SlideDeck editor interface to not load all available skin files, only loading the skin that the SlideDeck was last saved with
- Improved SlideDeck preview window to size properly and accommodate better for skins that have padding
- Improved SlideDeck skin support interaction to automatically set and lock-out required SlideDeck settings
- Added Touch Screen configuration options
- Consolidated playback and interaction options for Smart SlideDecks with the rest of the options in the interface instead of being in the sidebar
- Re-factored commands for adding slides to a regular SlideDeck to use an AJAX based routine for both vertical and horizontal slide addition. This was done to accommodate for WordPress 3.3′s new TinyMCE implementation (wp_editor()).
- Fixed issues with TinyMCE and Internet Explorer that was preventing the editing interface from working properly
- Improved slide data storage method with WordPress 3.3 that allows for better HTML markup support in visual editor and HTML editor
- Fixed looping bug when vertical slides were the last slide in a SlideDeck
All these features make this a must have WordPress plugin. So, for what you are waiting for, go get it right now and if you are PRO user, be sure to update your plugin in your WordPress control panel.
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited and amazing features.
If you are looking for best WordPress Hosting or haven’t purchased a hosting yet or searching ways to migrate from old host to new host, then purchase hosting from Hostgator right now and grab 25% discount by using discount coupon – WPHOSTGATOR25OFF. Basically Hostgator offer 20% discount on all hosting plans and by using discount coupon code “WPHOSTGATOR25OFF” , you get 25% discount on any hosting plans and the best thing is that you can share this discount coupon with any of your friends so that they also get maximum possible discount on best WordPress Hosting provider.