Finally after a lot of buzz, WooThemes announce their most awaited eCommerce Plugin – WooCommerce. It’s a free e-commerce plugin and offers you e-commerce toolkit that allows you or anyone to sell anything online. By using this plugin, you can easily transform your WordPress powered website into online store and deliver expertise-level quality & features whilst backend by a name you can trust. In addition to WooCommerce, WooThemes also launched 6 commercial themes and 9 commercial extensions which further extend your e-commerce store capabilities.
The launch post by Mark Forrester included a list of changes that have been made since forking Jigoshop. For those interesting in the changes, the full list is reproduced below:
- A revamped admin interface, which is more native to the WordPress Dashboard and thus more familiar to the average WordPress user.
- Improved reporting, with more stats, graphs and built-in support for Google Analytics e-commerce (goal) tracking.
- New front-end features, including catalog sorting and built-in up-sells/cross-sells.
- Revised coupon system complete with coupon expiry dates and usage limits.
- Built-in HTML email templates.
- Improved order management.
- Simplified product data entry plus better product sorting/duplication within the WordPress Dashboard.
WooCommerce is a new plugin which comes with features like:
- Strength & Flexibility – Built upon core WordPress functionality for stability, with enough hooks and filters to satisfy the most avid theme developer.
- Customizable – Your business is unique, as should your online store. Choose one of our themes or build your own and give it a personal touch using the built in shortcodes and widgets.
- Smart Dashboard Widgets – Keep birds-eye view of incoming sales and reviews, stock levels and general store performance and statistics all from the WordPress dashboard.
By seeing above features don’t you think it is great WordPress Plugin? Like this plugin, then download it right now:
If you’d like to see WooCommerce in action, you can watch their promotional video below:
Finally, in the end do let me know would you consider WooCommerce for your next e-commerce project? Share your views via comments and do not forget to follow WebGuide4U on Twitter for more updates on WordPress Plugins.