WordPress team released WordPress 3.1 RC3 (Release Candidate 3) and it is available for download to all users and developers. RC stands for “Release Candidate” which means that product is almost ready for final launch. WordPress team already released WordPress 3.1 Release Candidate 2 after New Year.
According to WordPress team, some of the changes are:
- Removal of Ajax
- Properly display the author dropdown in Quick Edit
- Various important fixes to numerous taxonomy query variables
- Fixes to the theme deletion process
- Fixes to pages used for posts
- IIS and Multisite: Avoid resetting web.config on permalink save
- Properly validate post formats and their rewrite rules
Thinking of giving it a try then download it now but remember that it is not ready to use on live site. You can still use it for testing purposes and if you find some bug, then there are few ways to inform WordPress team.
- Post it to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums
- Report it to the wp-testers mailing list
- Join the development IRC channel and tell us live at irc.freenode.net #wordpress-dev
- File a bug ticket on the WordPress Trac