Genesis 2.0 Beta is released and you can download it from here. It is recommended to all users that they do not use Genesis 2.0 Beta on live website/blog. If you want to use Genesis 2.0 Beta then you can use it for testing purpose as this version utilizes HTML5 to provide number of features.
Below you can find the number of features that comes with Genesis 2.0.
Genesis 2.0 Beta – What’s New?
Brand New Design
Genesis is sporting a fresh new look as it comes with HTML5 markup and CSS3
Genesis comes with HTML5 markup in place of the old XHTML tags. In addition to this, every theme we build in the future will be developed on HTML5.
If you’re using a theme with HTML5 enabled, Genesis will also output your markup using microdata. We did all the research and modified the markup to serve search engines the microdata they’re looking for, so you don’t have to. It’s good to be a Genesis user.
In this new version, few features have been removed like – “Latest Tweets” widget, the “eNews and Updates” widget, the “post templates” feature, and the “fancy dropdowns” setting.
Here’s a list of the technical changes in this latest release of Genesis:
- Better named loop hooks for HTML5.
- Network Upgrade now upgrades the Genesis database for all sites in a network when running WordPress in multisite mode.
- Widget classes are now coded in PHP5 format.
- Inline HTML comments have been removed to reduce page size.
- The Scripts option now has its own metabox when editing an entry.
- Custom Post Type archive pages now have a settings page so you can control the output.
- Genesis tracks displayed entry IDs so you can exclude entries from showing twice on a page.
- Entries without titles now display a permalink after the post content.
So, for what you are waiting for? Get your hands on Genesis 2.0 Beta right now and if you do not have your copy of Genesis Framework then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free Blog Setup Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.