A new version of FacetWP released – FacetWP v1.9 and it is available for download in members area for free or you can update it for free from WordPress admin panel. It is a maintenance release which comes with adding new features & fixing bugs in earlier version. It is recommended to all users that they must update FacetWP to latest version as soon as possible. Before updating FacetWP to latest version make sure that you backup your files & database it’s because if something goes wrong then you can easily backup your files & database in a single click. To backup my files & database I personally recommend BackupBuddy.
Below you can find the number of changes made in the latest version of FacetWP plugin:
FacetWP V1.9 – What’s New?
- New: slug permalink support for taxonomy term values
- New: “Permalink” setting within FacetWP > Settings
- New: get_setting() helper method
- New: term_id` table column (to allow for slug permalinks)
- Improved: moved `facetwp-refresh` event slightly (to after the hashes are set)
- Improved: `get_term_depths()` now returns more term information
- Improved: adjusted `sort_taxonomy_values()` method to use the new term_id column
- Fix: indexer – prevent duplicate data when resuming
- Fix: indexer – when resuming, some posts would (rarely) not get indexed
- Fix: escaped custom field names within esc_attr
- Updated translations
All these features & regular updates make FacetWP plugin a must have plugin for Faceted Search for WordPress powered blog. So, for what you are waiting for? Update FacetWP plugin to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not own FacetWP plugin then you can get it from here:
If you have any query do let me know via comments!