Genesis 2.0 Beta 2 from StudioPress is available for download in members area. It is recommended to all users that they do not use Genesis 2.0 Beta 2 on their live website/blog and it is suggested to all users that they must update Genesis 2.0 Beta 2 to latest version as soon as possible. Before updating Genesis Framework to latest version make sure that you backup your WordPress website/blog so that if something goes wrong then you can easily backup your website/blog in a single click.
Genesis 2.0 Beta 2 comes with fixing number of errors and adding new features. Genesis 2.0 utilizes HTML5 to provide a number of features listed below:
- Brand New Design – Genesis is sporting a fresh new look as it comes with new HTML5 markup and some snazzy CSS3.
- HTML5 Markup – With a single line of code in a child theme, Genesis will now output HTML5 markup in place of the old XHTML tags. Also, every theme we build in the future will be developed on HTML5.
- Microdata – If you’re using a theme with HTML5 enabled, Genesis will also output your markup using microdata.
- Removing Features – Some features removed like “Latest Tweets” widget, the “eNews and Updates” widget, the “post templates” feature, and the “fancy dropdowns” setting. There are some good plugins you can grab and install, if you want to continue using those functionalities.
Below you can find the number of changes made in the latest version of Genesis 2.0 Beta 2.
Genesis 1.0 Beta 2 – What’s New?
- Better named loop hooks for HTML5.
- Network Upgrade now upgrades the Genesis database for all sites in a network when running WordPress in multisite mode.
- Widget classes are now coded in PHP5 format.
- Inline HTML comments have been removed to reduce page size.
- The Scripts option now has its own metabox when editing an entry.
- Custom Post Type archive pages now have a settings page so you can control the output.
- Genesis tracks displayed entry IDs so you can exclude entries from showing twice on a page.
- Entries without titles now display a permalink after the post content
Regular updates and all these features make Genesis 2.0 a must have theme framework for creating websites. So, what are you thinking off now? Update Genesis Framework to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have your copy of Genesis Framework then get it right now:
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free Blog Setup Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.