A new version of Gravity Forms User Registation Add-On is released and you can download this add-on via downloads page from here. This new version is a major release as it comes with new features lie new user email activation & the ability to update existing users. It is recommended that you muse update User Registration Add-On to latest version as soon as possible but before updating make sure you backup all your WordPress files. If you mess-up with any of the files, then you can easily back it up in no time.
Email activation feature allows you to send an activation email to new users that contains a link that must be clicked on before their account will be created, new registrations are marked as pending activations and can be viewed in the User Registration Add-On admin & manually activated if necessary.
The best thing I like about this release is that it also introduces feed actions which means the “Action” determines what you want to accomplish: Create a User or Update a User. You determine the Action you want to execute when creating a User Registration Feed for your form. The Update User Action allows you to update data associated with the user who is submitting the form. Using this action you can now create forms that allow users to update their user profile data. Below you can find the number of changes have been made in this new version.
- Added support for user activation.
- Added support for updating users via Update User feed action.
- Added pending activation link to entry detail page to enable forcing activation via entry detail.
- Added support for multiple feeds per form, use conditional logic to determine which one is executed.
- Added new conditional logic options (greater than, less than, contains starts with, ends with).
- Added support for displaying all user meta keys in feed meta key drop downs.
- Added “gform_disable_registration” hook to allow add-ons to prevent User Registration from registering/updating a user.
- Fixed compatability issue with BP 1.6 where BP profile function is no longer available.
- Fixed issue where using wp_get_current_user() function was failing to update users when wait for payment option was checked.
All these features make this a must have add-on, so for what you are waiting for, get your copy of Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On right now:
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.
The User Registration Add-On is only available to Gravity Forms Developer license customers. So, if you do not have Developers License, then get one right now: