A new version of Gravity Forms plugin released – Gravity Forms v1.8 Beta 2 and if you are interested in testing out the latest version of Gravity Forms then download it manually from members area. It is specifically for beta testers and for your information Beta 2 comes with new features, minor enhancements & bug fixes to Gravity Forms, the Add-On Framework, and the API.
According to release notes,
“Gravity Forms v1.8 is a major update that introduces a lot of great new user features, enhancements, and powerful new developer features such as the new Add-On Framework and a complete API.”
Below you can find the number of changes made in the latest version of Gravity Forms plugin
Gravity Forms V1.8 Beta 2 – What’s New?
- Added multifile support to the ‘post custom field’ field (file upload field type).
- Added Entry ID, Entry Date, Starred, IP Address, Source URL, Payment Status, Payment Date, Payment Amount, Transaction ID, and User to the list of available fields in the entry list search, export conditional logic and Add-On Framework results page filter.
- Added sorting by active/inactive in the form list.
- Added form-specific version of “gform_register_init_scripts” hook.
- Added JS filter: “gform_spinner_url” to allow modifying the spinner URL with the new gformInitSpinner() function.
- Added logging statements to GFFormsModel::create_post().
- Added logging statements to GFAsyncUpload::upload().
- Updated gformInitSpinner() to be generic and moved to gravityforms.js.
- Updated enqueue and print script functions to enqueue gravityforms.js when AJAX is enabled.
- Updated confirmation and notification titles to link to the edit view for that item.
- Updated the help page: removed references to the forum.
- Updated the field filters on the export entries page and results in page to include greater than and less than operators by default.
- Moved the QR Code library to the includes folder so it can be reused more easily.
- Fixed element IDs for the date field.
- Fixed search criteria operators for Likert fields.
- Fixed an issue with the field filter drop-down which could result in duplicate inputs.
- Fixed issue with the field filters where the mode is added more than once.
- Fixed issue where date picker was displaying below WP content.
- Fixed issue where the notification edit page was “busting out” of the WP wrapper.
- Fixed the styles for the active/inactive column of the notification list and confirmation list.
- Fixed the styles for the field header in the form editor in Chrome.
- Fixed an issue with a multi-file uploader opening multiple file dialogs.
- Fixed issue with calculation formatting.
- Fixed an issue with the multi-file uploader in IE8.
- Fixed an issue with the multi-file uploader for forms with conditional logic in IE.
- Fixed tabindex for AJAX-enabled forms after validation.
- Fixed validation of the standard phone field when the value is zero.
- Fixed issue where no formatting was being applied to calculated results.
- Fixed issue whereOops! We could not locate your form.
shortcode (plural) was not detected and scripts were not loading correctly.
- Fixed bulk actions at the bottom of the form list to reflect recent changes.
Gravity Forms Add-On Framework
- All scripts and styles are now always registered so they can be used as dependencies.
- Added support for storing previous settings when saving new settings.
- Added support for plugin_settings_title() overridable function.
- Added “feedName” as default column and field setting for payment add-on.
- Added add_field_before() and add_field_after() functions to facilitate adding new fields to existing field groups.
- Added support for ‘style’, ‘class’, and ‘id’ properties to $sections.
- Added feed_settings_title() method to Feed Add-on rather; used as title of feed detail page.
- Added further details to some error messages.
- Renamed has_feed_for_this_addon() method to has_feed().
- Updated rgempty() function to support passing just an array for empty() validation.
- Updated setting_dependency_met() method to handle when false value is passed as $dependency.
- Updated setting validation to not validate settings where dependency is not met.
- Updated all calls to $_short_title to use get_short_title().
- Removed some inline styles and added to admin.css.
- Updated section title markup to use H4 and match styles of GF Form Settings.
- Updated get_setting() function to support a $settings parameter.
- Updated Payment Add-on fields to be grouped by their dependencies (based on transaction type).
- Updated feed_callback icon to use the font.
- Updated error icon to use fontawesome.
- Fixed results filter mode initialization.
Gravity Forms API
- Updated Web API slug from gfwebapi to gravityformsapi.
- Updated the API Functions to remove the capability checks.
- Updated the Web API to respond always with a 200 HTTP status along with a JSON object containing the status code and response.
- Fixed an issue with sorting entries from the API.
All these features and many more features make Gravity Forms a must-have plugin any WordPress powered website. So, what you are waiting for? Update Gravity Forms plugin to the latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have Gravity Forms plugin, then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments!