WebGuide4U is running on hostgator, one of the favorite web-hosting companies out there on web. Already I have shared a discount coupon code of hostgator on WebGuide4U. In earlier posts i have already outlined the importance of having a good domain name and tools to pick up the best and excellent domain name.
Now in this post I will provide you the step by step guide on installing wordpress on Hostgator Webhosting. In this tutorial I’m using Fantastico to install the wordpress on hostgator and will come out with other tutorial which will help you out installing wordpress without using Fantastico on hostgator. For your information, Fantastico is a script which will help you out in installing lot’s of software’s, forums and blogging platforms with single click.
So here comes the step by step guide on installing WordPress on Hostgator:
- Login to your hosting control panel and navigate down to Fantastico (Software/Services > Fantastico)
- Now click it to open Fantastico which will open up in a next page
- Select WordPress from left hand side and click on New Installation. This will take you the first page where you need to enter few details to get started with the installation of WordPress.
- Fill out all the details and some of the details like sitename, description you can change later on and click on install WordPress
- After clicking on Install WordPress you will be taken on next screen where you have to click on “Finish Installation”.
- After clicking on finish installation you will be taken on next page where you will be asked for the confirmation. Click on confirm and you are ready to start the blogging business :).
These are the basic steps you have to follow. Now simply login to your WordPress admin panel.
Do let us know in the comments section if you face any problem in installing wordpress?
In the meanwhile you might also be interested in reading these tutorials also: