A new version of JobRoller WordPress theme is released by AppThemes. This new version is a maintenance & security release and it is recommended that you should upgrade your theme to latest version as soon as possible. This new version addresses a handful of bugs & adds some new features. Before Updating JobRoller WordPress Theme make sure you backup all your theme files.
This new version comes with new option to display indeed before or after database jobs, featured jobs now displaying contextually on taxonomy pages and location search speed. Below you can find the number of changes and fixes have been made in this new version.
- Pagination on sites running WordPress 3.4.x
- Indeed logo’s redirecting users to simplyhired.com
- Changing job visibility to ‘password’ redirecting users to the login page instead of the related job listing
- Resume images being displayed to users without resume access, on search engines
- Jobs duration always defaulting to 30 days
- Pagination not being displayed on the ‘Alerts Subscribers’ page
- ‘Job Listing URL’ permalink option not working properly
- Alerts not being triggered correctly for job descriptions containing quotes
- Location search always returning the country in English
- WP remote post check for PayPal IPN failing on the ‘System info’ page
- Fixed ‘Warning: Division by zero’ on the job packs page when using a single job category
- Improved performance for location searches
- Removed ‘post_type=’ parameter from the RSS Feeds when using the feeburner url
- Clicking the author link on a blog page or blog listing now display the user posts instead of his jobs list
- Pending jobs on the user dashboard no longer clickable by users with no admin permissions
- Added option to display Indeed results before or after DB jobs
- Featured jobs are now displayed contextually on all the taxonomy pages (by job type, by job category, etc.…)
- Fallback to the parent ‘/styles’ folder when using child themes that do no use have their own ‘/styles’ folder
- Added additional tooltip text to ‘Job Type Base URL’ informing that ‘type’ is a reserved WordPress word
- Replaced ‘Specialty’ and ‘Specialties’ with ‘Specialty’ and ‘Specialties’
- Added additional hook ‘after_jobs_by_date’
- Added additional hook ‘after_jobs_taxonomy’
- Replaced older WordPress deprecated calls
- Unified taxonomy templates into a single taxonomy template
- Additional structure changes for the AppThemes framework
All these features make this a must have theme for creating a job based site. So, for what you are waiting for, update JobRoller to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have your copy of JobRoller theme, then you can get one from here.
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited and amazing features.