New version of Lightroom released by Adobe.com – Lightroom 5.3 and you can download the latest version of Lightroom 5.3 from members area for free or you can use the update mechanism in Lightroom5 for free. Lightroom 5.3 comes with fixing bugs and adding new features.
According to Adobe.com,
“The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.”
According to release notes,
Newly added support for Tethered Capture in Lightroom 5.3
- Canon EOS Rebel T4i / EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.3
- Canon EOS M2
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Casio EX-10
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon Df
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Pentax K-3
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.3
Below you can find the table which lists the new lens added in Lightroom 5.3
Apple iPhone 5s
EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011E
Phantom Vision FC200
Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II
Sony E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Sony E 20mm F2.8
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Sony FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
Lightroom 5.3 comes with fixing bugs and below you can find the complete run down on the number of changes made in Lightroom 5.3
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.3
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- On certain images, red eye removal behaved incorrectly
- Incorrect White Balance settings applied when synching Auto WB from source to targets
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
- In the metadata of exported files, the application is listed as 5.0 instead of the actual Lightroom version (such as 5.2, etc.).
- An Error Occurs When Playing a slideshow having an image Flipped Horizontally or Vertically.
- Added Camera Matching color profiles (Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid) for the following Olympus cameras:
- Olympus E-5
- Olympus E-M1
- Olympus E-M5
- Olympus E-P1
- Olympus E-P2
- Olympus E-P3
- Olympus E-P5
- Olympus E-PL1
- Olympus E-PL1s
- Olympus E-PL2
- Olympus E-PL3
- Olympus E-PL5
- Olympus E-PL6
- Olympus E-PM1
- Olympus E-PM2
- Olympus STYLUS 1
- Olympus XZ-1
- Olympus XZ-2
- Olympus XZ-10
All these changes and many new features make Lightroom 5.3 a must have tool. So, for what you are waiting for update Lightroom to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have Lightroom 5.3, then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments!