Nikon has launched the company’s latest entry-level DSLR – Nikon D5600 globally. There is no word on the pricing yet and it will be available by end of November 2016 in several variants. According to the company, the camera is specially designed for photography hobbyists and content creators to explore their creative and artistic expressions.
Commenting on the announcement of the D5600, Kazuo Ninomiya, Managing Director, Nikon India said:
“We are proud to bring forward the latest product in the preferred D5000-series to our customers. The new and advanced Nikon D5600 unleashes our desire for imaginative freedom. The camera embodies this sentiment and is presented with the new SnapBridge function, expanded ISO sensitivity, and in-camera time-lapse movie function, all fitted into a compact and lightweight D-SLR body with a vari-angle touch screen LCD monitor. Fitting perfectly in a backpack, this new Nikon D-SLR lives the moment along with you, to capture the candid expressions or stunning horizons from your travels, gatherings and events, in stunning images to reminisce, share and impress.”
Sajjan Kumar, Senior Vice President – Corporate Sales & Strategy, Nikon India said:
“With the ever-growing interests in photography in India, our consumers are increasingly opting for D-SLRs for professional quality photographs. The launch of NikonD5600 gratifies this amplified demand for a stellar photography experience. Additionally, at Nikon, we look at constant innovation of our products to deliver the best performance to all photographers. The Nikon D5600 is packed with advanced features to raise the notch from its predecessors. We are sure the product will delight our esteemed customers with a smooth functioning.”
On the specifications front, the Nikon D5600 comes with 3.2-inch vari-angle LCD touch-screen that flips our and rotates. It comes with 24.2MP Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter and it is powered by EXPEED 4 image-processing engine that has an ISO range upto 25600 with auto ISO sensitivity control. The company says that the operation with viewfinder shooting has also been improved.
The Nikon D5600 comes with Time-lapse movie function and built-in WiFi for wireless video transfer & remote shooting, but Nikon says that the camera cannot be directly paired with a smart device using Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi can be used by enabling it after the camera has been paired with the smart device using Bluetooth.
D5600 Primary Features
- Keeping up with inspiration: Support for the SnapBridge app means that with a one-time setup, a constant connection between the D5600 and a smart device is maintained, enabling simple automatic transfer of photos. In addition, a number of convenient functions, including automatic upload to Nikon’s photo sharing service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, the addition of copyright information and comments to photos, and automatic synchronization of camera date/time and location information with that of the smart device, can be used. What’s more, the D5600 also supports the high-speed transfer of selected still images, movie transfer, and remote capture of still images when Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Pairing flexibility with functionality: The camera is equipped with a 3.2-inch vari-angle LCD touch screen monitor that enables shooting from low to high angles, and even selfies. Naturally, the touch screen function shares the same touch operations available with the D5500, but the new D5600 also supports the frame advance bar adopted for the high-end D5 and D500 for scrolling through images in full-frame playback. In addition, the touch Fn function that is favoured with the D5500 has been expanded to support the enabling and disabling of auto ISO sensitivity control, and operation with viewfinder shooting has also been improved.
- Igniting creativity in vivid colours: The intuitive D5600 offers an effective pixel count of 24.2-million pixels and is equipped with a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter. The combination of this technology, alongside an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, enables capture of images that make the most of the superior rendering characteristics of NIKKOR lenses. A broad range of standard sensitivities are supported with ISO 100 to 25600, enabling captures of highly detailed images in which noise is effectively suppressed, even with shooting in dark or dimly lit surroundings.
- Expanding the visual sensory: The D5600 is newly equipped with the time-lapse movie function, which allows users to easily compress long periods of time into short ones, entirely within the camera, to express changes that occur over time, such as the shapes of clouds as they roll by, or the movement of people and cars through city streets. In addition, the exposure smoothing function makes capturing beautiful time-lapse movies easier by suppressing variations in exposure caused by changes in lighting that occur naturally, such as when the sun comes up or goes down. Time-lapse movies recorded with the camera can also be transferred to a smart device via SnapBridge.
Nikon D5600 Variants:
The D5600 will be available in below mentioned variants:
- The D5600 body only
- The D5600 with the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens
- The D5600 with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- The D5600 with both AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR lens