Finally after a wait of months, PageLines 2.0 version is released. This version build on the concept of Drag & Drop framework which allows people to build websites pretty fast and that too in a professional way. The best thing I like about version 2.0 is that, they have introduced first-ever marketplace for websites which means you’ll be able to buy and sell almost anything you need for your site. PageLines version 2.0 contains over 50 new features like new PageLines store, section cloning, responsive/mobile design, special page handling, new integrations, new admin UI, better meta controls, etc. Before I share PageLines 2.0 features, here is the launch video of PageLines 2.0
Pagelines V2.0 New Features
01) Responsive Design – PageLines framework will dynamically respond to the resolution of your browser or device.
02) Layout Control – Just drag & drop to set up your content layout dimensions. Then select each of your 5 layout options on a page-by-page basis.
03) Section Cloning – Duplicate sections so that you can use them multiple times on the same page. Each section gets its own options and is controlled independently.
04) Typography – Select from over 50 web-safe and Google fonts. Completely change the look of your website’s typography in seconds.
05) Special Page Handling – Now you have tons of control over every type of page. In 2.0 Pagelines introducing Special Pages to help you control pages like categories, and archives.
06) Color Control – Use color control to change the palette of your site in seconds. You can also change layout modes and add background images.
PlatformPro Standard Features
01) Drag & Drop Design Control – Create and customize your site by dragging and dropping ‘sections’ of content around your theme
02) Layout Builder – drag & drop layout dimensions and configure each of 5 different sidebar layout options on a page / post basis
03) Design Modes – Choose from tons of design modes such as: magazine or blog layout; full-width or fixed-width site design
- Plug-and-Play Sections – pre-designed pieces of web design (e.g. a feature slider, navigation, carousel, etc..) managed by the section API; so all you ever see is a simple drag and drop interface and options
- Controls – Sections can be toggled on or off on a page-by-page basis and add their own post-types and options. This means total control of every page on your site
- Development – Can be created and modified by designers in the Base child theme, meaning designers can add or alter the drag & drop sections in seconds
- Simple – Sections add standard html markup and custom hooks (for extending functionality). Cutting down on a lot of code while giving more functionality at the same time
05) bbPress and BuddyPress Integrated – supports integrations with BuddyPress and has a matching bbPress forum theme (developer edition)
06) Child Theme Support – to help you customize Platform easily and with best-practices for building a website using “hooks” and custom CSS
07) Meta Options – Customize everything on a page-by-page basis through meta options. For example, the number of boxes, items in a carousel, custom images, and more
08) Advanced Fonts – Platform allows you to integrate the Google fonts API or Cufon based fonts in seconds
09) SEO Tuned – Tuned code for optimal search engine performance and accessibility. Works with all major SEO meta plugins
10) WordPress 3.0+ supports the coolest new WP features like custom post types, menus, and custom ‘taxonomies’ (i.e. custom categorizing)
New Features in PlatformPro 1.3
01) Web Typography – A revolutionary new typography tool.
- Choose from over 50 font options (including Google API Fonts)
- Select font weight, styling, spacing, transform (e.g. uppercase) and variant (e.g. small-caps)
- Preview your custom typefaces live, using the live preview pane
02) MetaPanel – The MetaPanel is a new interface for working with the CMS meta options that come in PlatformPro. It combines all the options into one panel, and gives you tabs for each sections you are working with. This should make your workflow liquid fast.
03) BrandNav – The BrandNav is a new graphical section which essentially combines your site branding/logo and your site navigation, inline. This was a frequently requested customization and it should save a lot of people some time.
04) Developer and Child Theming – Developer and child theming API improvements
- Template Overriding – Overwrite section templates with files in Base.
- Custom Templates – Add new drag + drop templates, with a file and a function.
- Custom Option Types – New hook for adding new types of options.
Still thinking to grab PageLines 2.0 Framework? Do not think, get it right now at as soon as possible and start creating professional looking websites in couple of minutes.
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free WordPress Installation Service which comes with lots of unlimited and amazing features.