Finally after a long wait, Builder 3.2 is released today and as compared to previous version, this version is pretty fast and can be downloaded from members area. This new version comes with more features and you are amazed to hear that 20% of Builder’s load time and 36% of its memory usage was trimmed off. Isn’t it nice work?
This new version comes with few changes like Billboard and Feedburner widgets have been removed and now they are available as a separate plugin which can be downloaded from members area. In addition to this, support for the Pods Plugin has been added in Builder 3.2
Here are the number of changes made in Builder 3.2:
- Added Pods support via Plugin Features. Builder now properly works with Pods content rendering without requiring the creation of a pods.php file. Use of a pods.php file is still supported, this new feature only takes effect when the template file is not present. In addition, the upcoming 1.12 version of Pods will allow for selection of Layouts from the “Page Templates” dropdown in the Pages setup. This way you can select a specific Layout to be used for different Pods Pages.
- Added a new theme support: builder-admin-bar. If this theme support is removed, Builder will not modify WordPress’ admin bar.
- Added support for a BUILDER_DISABLE_HTML_MODULE_PHP define. If it is set and true, Builder’s Content Module will not run eval, even if it is set.
- All of the Extensions have been updated to support Localization.
- Fixed a small bug fix in the Post Teasers Right Extension where a closing div tag had a missing ‘>’ (note: this only affected logged in users).
- Fixed a bug where an import file with a bad attachment (such as the attachment being deleted on the site before the data was exported) would cause failed imports.
- Fixed a bug in page_blog.php that prevented More links from working.
- Removed a warning that would appear in the Layout Editor on servers with open_basedir restrictio
All these changes make Builder 3.2 more faster as compared to other theme frameworks like Thesis, Genesis, Headway and Catalyst. The best thing I like about Builder 3.2 is that support for BuddyPress also added in it. Still thinking to grab Builder 3.2, then I suggest you do not think grab it right now: