A new version of Gravity Forms PayPal Standard Add-On is released – PayPal Standard Add-On v1.6. This new version comes with adding new features and fixing a few bugs. It is recommended to all users that they must update PayPal Payments Standard Add-On to the latest version as soon as possible. Before updating PayPal Payments Standard Add-On to the latest version make sure that you back up your site its because if something goes wrong then you can easily backup your site in a single click.
This is an extremely important update and it includes the changes that are required by Gravity Forms v1.7. Below you can find the number of changes made in this new version:
- Added additional logging for troubleshooting transactions.
- Added amount validation as an extra IPN security check. Entry will only be marked as Approved/Active if the payment amount matches the product/subscription amount.
- Added the gform_paypal_request filter to allow the entire request to PayPal to be filtered.
- Added support for new notification structure (for delayed notification setting) in preparation for Gravity Forms 1.7 release while maintaining backward compatibility with the current released version.
- Updated URL to ajax page so that it uses the built-in WordPress ajaxurl variable.
- The updated process to correctly save the config ID used to process the entry in the entry meta.
- The updated process to retrieve config by entry.
- Updated “return mode” parameter so that it is a redirect for non-secure pages to avoid security warning message when returning from PayPal to the site.
- Updated ajax calls to not send a cookie to prevent calls to admin-ajax.php being aborted for some users.
- Fixed issue where null responses from upgrader resulted in several notices.
- Fixed issue which caused the admin IPN setting to not always remain checked/unchecked.
- Fixed issue with detecting if page is under SSL which caused return URL to be invalid.
- Fixed issue where orders with discounts greater than the total were still being sent to PayPal.
- Fixed issue with tooltip script being included in every page.
So, what you are waiting for? Update Gravity Forms PayPal Payments Standard Add-On to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have your copy of Gravity Forms PayPal Payments Standard Add-On then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments and do not forget to check out Free Blog Setup Service which comes with lots of unlimited & amazing features.
The PayPal Payments Standard Add-On is only available to Developer License owners. So, if you don’t own a Gravity Forms Developer license then get it from here