A new version of Gravity Forms released – Gravity Forms v1.8 Beta 4 and you can download the latest version of Gravity Forms plugin from members area for free. For your information, it’s a beta version and recommended to all users that do not install this on your live site and if you want to see the new features that come with this plugin, you can install it locally or on test site. Before installing or updating Gravity Forms plugin to the latest version make sure that you backup your files & database so that if something goes wrong then you can easily backup your files & database in a single click (To back up my files & database I use BackupBuddy).
Gravity Forms Beta 4 comes with a variety of updates, refinements & fixes to the core plugin.
According to release notes,
Gravity Forms incorporates both the Add-On Framework and the API, so any updates to both of those developer features will also be part of Gravity Forms core releases going forward. We’ve added and fixed some features related to both the Add-On Framework and API in this release.
Below is a complete list of the additions, revisions, and fixes in Gravity Forms v1.8 Beta 4
- Updated upgrade process so that it gets aborted if the database user doesn’t have the proper permission to change or create tables.
- Updated FontAwesome Webfont library to 4.0.3.
- Updated GFFormsModel::create_lead() method to correctly populate multiple total fields.
- Updated the credit card field HTML5 markup to use an HTML text input with a pattern instead of a number input.
- Updated the styles of the form list and entry list to emphasize alternate rows.
- Updated icons to use Webfont where possible.
- Updated CSS file removing IE 7 hacks and removed inline style blocks.
- Updated the formatting for the Danish Krone.
- Updated the text “Enable access to the API” so it can be translated.
- Replaced icon images.
- Replaced image-based icons with Webfont icons where possible.
- Removed IE7 CSS hacks from CSS files.
- Removed several deprecated icon images.
- Removed several inline style blocks and took care of some general code cleanup.
- Fixed issue with license validation when upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8.
- Fixed duplicate IDs for the credit card field.
- Fixed various whitespace issues.
Gravity Forms Add-On Framework
- Added Payment Add-On to help and provide consistency when creating payment processors.
- Added remove_field() method to simplify removing a setting from any GFAddon settings array.
Gravity Forms API
- Fixed issue with add_entry() and update_entry() for payment entries where some values would be inserted without quotes generating errors.
- Fixed add_entry() and update_entry() for payment entries.
All these changes and many more changes in the final release of Gravity Forms plugin make this a must-have plugin for creating contact forms. So, for what you are thinking of? Update Gravity Forms plugin to latest version as soon as possible and if you do not have your copy of Gravity Forms plugin then you can get it from here:
If you have any query let me know via comments!